Vincentian Ashram Hubli
|Address||Vincentian Ashram, Jnanodaya Retreat Centre, Gopankoppa, Keshwapur P.O., 580 023, Hubli, Karnataka, India.|
01. Fr. Indikuzhiyil Mathew - Director, Retreat Centre
02. Fr. Kuttikkattu Cherian - Superior; Principal, Polytechnic & Associate Director, Retreat Centre
03. Fr. Vallath Joseph - Finance Officer V.H. and Polytechnic & Chaplain of Malayali Community
01. Jnanodaya Retreat Centre (1998) - Tel: 0836 2283336
02. St. John’s Polytechnic (1992) - Tel: 0836 2286174
03. Divine Mercy Prayer Tower
HISTORY AND PRESENT ACTIVITIES
The former Mayor of Hubli Municipal Corporation Mr. J.T. Mathias donated in 1997 one and a half acre of land to the Vincentian Congregation. Rev. Fr. John Arolichalil bought a house near to that plot and started Vincentian Ministry. The retreat hall and other related buildings were constructed and Rt. Rev. Dr. Bernard Moras, the then Bishop of Belgaum Diocese blessed them on 19 January 2002.
A new building for the Vincentian Ashram was blessed by Rt. Rev. Dr. Bernard Moras on April 13, 2003. The Ashram is situated on the ecclesiastical boundary of Belgaum Diocese. Its heavenly patron is the evangelist St. John. It is 3 km far off the Hubli Railway station. This is a Retreat Centre of the St. Joseph’s Province of the Vincentian Congregation. It can accommodate about a hundred people. We conduct here ministries of Retreats and Conventions in English, Kannada, Tamil, and Malayalam. 220 students are studying in the Polytechnic, which is in the path of development. We do our priestly ministries in the Malayalee community as their Chaplain.