Parithrana Retreat Centre Adichira
|Patron||St. Vincent De Paul|
|Address||Vincentian House, Adichira, Perumbaikadu P.O., 686 028, Kottayam, Kerala, India.|
01. Fr. Choorapuzha Varghese - Asst. Director, Popular Mission
02. Fr. Eayalayil Mathew - Finance Officer, V.H. & Retreat Centre
03. Fr. Kaipadakunnel Joseph - Director, Popular Mission
04. Fr. Matheickal Jose - Superior
05. Fr. Nambiaparambil Luke - Member
06. Fr. Olickal Mathew - Director, Priest’s Home & Asst. Finance Officer, V.H.
07. Fr. Paliyakunnel Emmanuel - Member
08. Fr. Thachethukudy Antony - Provincial Councilor & Director, Retreat Centre
09. Fr. Vallomkunnel John - Higher Studies
01. Popular Mission Centre (1990)
02. Parithrana Retreat Centre (1992) - Tel: 0481 2791635
03. Perpetual Adoration Centre (2004)
04. Youth Retreat Centre (2013)
HISTORY AND PRESENT ACTIVITIES
The Vincentian House named Parithrana Bhavan, is situated by M.C. Road near to the bus stop of Adichira between Ettumanoor and Kottayam, in almost 5.5 acres of land. The House belongs to the jurisdictional area of the Archdiocese of Changanacherry. The heavenly patron of the House is St. Vincent De Paul. Parithrana Bhavan serves as the centre for the popular mission of St. Joseph province. The land was bought by Rev. Fr. Thomas Kuzhippala on May 8, 1990. Rev. Fr. Joseph Kootiyaniyil of the Nazareth Hill Vincentian House began the fence work on June 15, 1990. While directing the work, he stayed in the Parish Church at Parampuzha. The Vincentian family got formed here in July 1990 in the already existing building with Rev. Frs. Micheal Panachickal as its Superior and Thomas Kuzhippala as the Procurator.
The Archbishop of Changanacherry Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Powathil laid the foundation stone of the new Ashram on April 26, 1991 and thereafter the construction work was headed by rev. Fr. Thomas Kuzhippala. Community shifted the residence to the newly constructed House By the first week of March 1992. Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Powathil, the Archbishop of Changanacherry, blessed the House on 30th of April 1992. One-day programs and Prayer Services were started in December 1992 in a small shed, as Rev. Fr. Michael Panachickal as its Director. Then Rev. Fr. George Vadakkekara succeeded him. The foundation stone of Parithrana chapel was laid on 23rd of August, 1993. Residential retreats were started in June 1994, but the participants were given boarding in Chaithanya Pastoral Centre. Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Powathil, the Archbishop of Changanacherry, blessed the Parithrana (Sannidhana) chapel on September 27, 1995, the feast day of St. Vincent De Paul. To make convenience for the participants of residential retreat a building was being constructed adjacent to the chapel. Rev. Fr. Augustine Mundeckattu took charge as the Director of Parithrana Retreat Centre in May 2001 and Rev. Fr. Antony Thachethukudy took charge as the Popular Mission director in the same year. The foundation stone for the cemetery cum Adoration chapel was laid in February 2003 and Very Rev. Fr. George Arackal, the then Superior General blessed it on July 23, 2004.