St. Theresa's Church Kalimoni
|Address||St. Theresa’s Church, P.O. Box 141, 01001, Kalimoni, Juja, Kenya, East Africa.|
01. Fr. Thulamattathil James - Finance Officer, VRC Thika; Asst. Parish Priest & Member, Popular Mission Team
02. Fr. Valyaparambil Joseph - Parish Priest & Regional Finance Officer
01. St. Theresa’s Catholic Church
HISTORY AND PRESENT ACTIVITIES
Theresa’s Parish Kalimoni was started in the year 1918 by the Holy Ghost Fathers in the Archdiocese of Nairobi. It was entrusted to the Vincentian Congregation in the year 2000. Rev. Fr. James Edavazhithara was the first Vincentian priest who served in Kalimoni as Parish Priest. When the parish was entrusted to the Vincentians there were four outstations, three of which were erected as parishes later. In the year 2007, another outstation was started with the name Divine Mercy, and it is the only one remaining. A new presbytery was constructed and blessed in the year 2011. We are presently building the Church and office block at Divine Mercy, and office block for the Parish. Seven hundred and fifty families are altogether enrolled in the Parish, 200 in Kalimoni, and 550 in Divine Mercy. There are three Religious Communities in this parish.