Vincentian House Edathotty
|Patron||St. Vincent De Paul|
|Address||Vincentian House, Edathotty, Kakkayangadu P.O., 670 673, Kannur Dt., Kerala, India.|
|Phone||0490 2457842, 2458400|
01. Fr. Azhakedath James - Superior & Rector
02. Fr. Mangalath John - Principal, De Paul Colleges
03. Fr. Ooroth Peter - Vice Principal, De Paul Colleges & Finance Officer, V.H.
04. Fr. Pambrayil Paul - Finance Officer, De Paul Colleges
05. Fr. Thottithara Antony - Parish Priest
01. De Paul College (1981) - Tel: 0490 2457110
02. St. Vincent’s Seminary (1990)
03. De Paul Computer Academy (1998) - Tel: 0490 2457645
04. St. Vincent’s Parish (1998)
05. MG University off Campus (2010) - Tel: 0091 9961366321
06. De Paul Arts and Science College - DASC (2014) - Tel: 0091 9562442408
HISTORY AND PRESENT ACTIVITIES
Vincentian House Balesugiri was in the diocese of Tellicherry until the establishment of the diocese of Mananthavady in 1973. Hence the Vincentian Congregation wanted to establish a House in Tellicherry diocese and the result is Vincentian House, Edathotty. It was founded in the year 1974. The pioneering works for the house and chapel and was done by Rev. Fr. Varghese Chakkungal. The house and the Chapel were constructed under his supervision.
De Paul College was established in the year 1981, under the able leadership of Rev. Fr. Sebastian Mappilaparmbil. The first batch comprised of 92 students. The computer academy was started at the time of Rev. Fr. John Kodiamkunnel. During the tenure of Rev. Fr. Sijo Vempilly VC as Principal we started the Mahatma Gandhi University off campus center and we constructed a new college building. It increased the number of our students here. Another milestone in the history of Edathotty, De Paul College is that we got affiliation with Kannur University as De Paul Arts Science and College. Now we have 1400 students along with 45 faculty members.
The chapel of this house was erected as a parish and entrusted to us on 21st May 1998. St. Vincent de Paul is the patron of this Church. It continued to be used as the parish Church till the consecration of new Church built in the land of the Parish by Rev. Fr. Antony Thekkineth, the then parish priest in 2012.