Houses

Vincentian House Angamaly


Established Year1937
PatronSt. Joseph
Diocese Ernakulam-Angamaly
AddressVincentian House, P.B. No. 1, Angamaly South P.O., Ernakulam Dt., 683573, Kerala, India.
Phone0484 2619212, 2453878
Members

MEMBERS

01. Fr. Chathaparambil Varghese - Member

02. Fr. Chelapurath James - Principal DiST & Associate Director Computer Academy

03. Fr. Chettiyil Thomas - Finance Officer, V.H.

04. Fr. Chittuparambil Thomas - Coordinator, Community and Spiritual Animation & Asst. Professor DiST

05. Fr. Edassery Antony - Vice Principal, De Paul College & Asst. Priest in Charge, St. Joseph’s Church

06. Fr. Elavumkal Kurian - Manager, De Paul Book Centre

07. Fr. Erambil John - Director, Boys Hostel DiST

08. Fr. Kalappurackal Jose - Principal, De Paul College

09. Fr. Karumathy Joseph - Spiritual Director, De Paul E.M.H.S.S.

10. Fr. Kunnapillil George - Member

11. Fr. Macwan Samir - Vice Principal DiST

12. Fr. Menachery Varghese - Superior & Priest in Charge, St. Joseph’s Church

13. Fr. Muthukathaniyil Francis - Finance Officer, De Paul College

14. Fr. Parel Joseph - Member

15. Fr. Perinchery Varghese - Director,VINSA, Department of Social and Charitable Works; Finance Officer, Computer Academy & Asst. Professor, DiST

16. Fr. Poonely George - Member

17. Fr. Poovathummoottil Thomas - Finance Director, DiST

18. Fr. Puthenpura Augustine - Director, De Paul Music Academy

19. Fr. Thanippallil Sebastian - Finance Officer, De Paul E.M.H.S.S.

20. Fr. Vezhaparambil Raphael - Principal, De Paul E.M.H.S.S.

21. Fr. Vithayathil Joseph - Director, DES & DCRD, DiST

Institutions

INSTITUTIONS

01. St. Joseph’s Church (1951)

02. De Paul College (1973) - Tel: 0484 2452136

03. De Paul Book Centre (1985) - Tel: 0484 2454613

04. De Paul E.M.H.S. School (1995) - Tel: 0484 2456808, 2455334

05. De Paul Music Academy (2008) - Tel: 0091 9846550190

Description

HISTORY & PRESENT ACTIVITIES

It was the decision of Mar Augustine Kandathil, the Archbishop of Ernakulam to establish the second house of the Vincentian Congregation in Angamly. In 1934 he bought 13.84 acres of land for starting the Vincentian house at Angamaly. Fr. Mathew Payyappilly was designated for the works of the ashram. Its foundation stone was laid by Mar Augustine Kandathil on 24th August 1936. It was blessed on 21st December 1937 when construction of the house was complete. In the beginning there was a room used as chapel, and a thatched shed for the people to attend the sacred functions. Construction of a separate chapel was started in the year 1951. Msgr. Thomas Nedumkallel supervised the construction and it was blessed by him on 21st October 1951. It was renovated under the leadership Rev. Fr. Thomas Puthiakunnel in 1957 and it was rebuilt in the present form in 1972 under the leadership of Rev. Fr. Luke Nambiaparambil and was consecrated on December 17 by His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Pareckattil, the Archbishop of Ernakulam.

From 1956 onwards Angamaly house was the seat of the Superior General, the Generalate of Vincentian Congregation. It continued to be the same till the Generalate was shifted to Edappally in 1993. After that this house became the Provincial house of Marymatha province. In 2012 we built a separate building as the provincial administrative block near to this house and the Provincial administration moved to it. Having lost the status of Provincial house it became an ordinary Vincentian House. On the occasions of gatherings and celebrations arranged by the Province this house still continues to be used as before.

St. Joseph Church, established in 1951, is not a parish, but from the very beginning nearby Catholic families attend daily mass here and send their children for Sunday catechism. In 1973 at the request of some unemployed degree holders, Fr. Joseph Pampackal started the De Paul College for giving tuition for SSLC failed candidates. After 2 years college classes were began. Now around 1300 students are studying in different courses. In 1985, we started a Book Stall, De Paul Book Center, in Angamaly town.

It was a long term desire of our fathers to start an English medium school attached to Angamaly House. In 1995 with the interest of Rev. Fr. Joseph Karumathy De Paul school was begun. Now it reached up to plus two and around 2000 students are studying. Every year our school acquires shining results both in SSLC and plus two examination. De Paul Music Academy under the leadership of Fr. Augustine Puthenpura was started in 2008. Around 300 students are learning different musical instruments and vocal music under his guidance.